Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Bacon, Egg and Cheese Strata with No Sugar added Peaches

Recipe link posted below:





Being diagnosed at Pre-Diabetic has brought about a delicious new cooking lifestyle for me, and while at the moment I'm unable to tolerate certain oral medications, I choose instead to lower my carbohydrate intake and drastically reduce sugar consumption and surprise! Life has never before been so delicious!
The "icing on the cake" is now I no longer need medication while enjoying the sweet life.


I thought I would start posting some of the recipes I've adapted to meet my low carb dietary goals. I try to limit my daily carb total to 60gms or less and no foodstuff or takeout menu item is consumed without me checking the nutritional value.

My "No" List

sugar including high frucose found in fruits
whole milk (limited 2% in recipes
potatoes in any form
rice
flour
beans (pinto, etc.)
corn

Brunch recipe
Bacon Cheese Strata with Peaches (peaches are my idea)

Whats not to like? Eggs, bacon, bread, cheese and peaches....
For the linked recipe, I substituted seedless rye bread, used more bacon, used colby-jack cheese and parsley and omitted the mushrooms.

I heated peaches in a saucepan with 1/2 c. Splenda (or use Stevia to taste), 1 1/2 teaspoons margarine, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 2-3 drops of lemonjuice and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract after removing from heat. Spoon peaches on strata and drizzle with sweet juice. Recipe is good hot or served at room temperature. I made this for a late dinner and we had it at room temp for breakfast this morning.
Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment